Welcome to the introduction of what will be Banbury’s Biggest Art Competition.
What The Competition Is…
Banbury’s biggest art competition is an event designed to bring the community together. The main focus are between schools and businesses. The different schools around Banbury including preschools, primary schools and secondary schools are being sponsored by local businesses to produce pieces of art to form a massive display. We also want to give others the opportunity to participate, as this is for the whole of Banbury, not just schools and businesses.
“Never quit believing that you can develop in life. Never give up. Don’t deny the inward spirit that provides the drive to accomplish great things in life.”
– Jon Huntsman
The idea behind this was so that we could bring something bigger to the whole of Banbury, which is why ANYONE can get involved. No limitations. So get involved! Read below on more information, any questions you have feel free to contact us or visit our Q&A.We want to encourage as many people to get involved. Whether it is for your art to be judged, or if you just want to have some work displayed on this website.
- Open art competition runs from 2nd April until the 21st June.
- The open competition is totally inclusive and open to all ages, genders, levels of ability and will be judged exclusively on merit.
- Any students attending schools which are part of the schools artwork competition may also compete in the open competition individually in addition to their school participation.
- The theme for the open competition is “Banbury” and anything based around this which inspires you.
- Any entrants who do not have the facilities to upload a digital copy of their artwork to the competition website, then artwork may be submitted to the Old Auctioneer to then be digitised.
- The competition is open to any submissions of artwork which is drawn, painted or digital. Photography, sculptures and poetry will not be considered.
- Only one piece of artwork per entrant.